All the News from the Salem Inn and In Salem

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Salem Diner- the Real Thing

The Salem Diner has occupied its corner at 326 Canal Street since 1941, and is still going strong.  If you want to "step back in time"- a phrase often associated with Salem's many historic attractions, the Salem Diner is the place to do it- without a theater, without a ticket, without a tour guide. 

The Salem Diner is a Sterling Streamliner built by the J.B. Judkins Company of Merrimack Mass, and is only one of two remaining.  The Sterling Streamliners were a line of customized, factory-built, “modernistic” diners manufactured in the 1930s and early 1940s. It is a favorite of locals as well as college students (Salem State is directly across the street).

Having eaten many omelets there, I can attest that the food and coffee are great.  The waitresses are laid-back, friendly, and very accommodating. The coffee comes in thick white mugs and the food is delicious- when I returned to research this blog post, my eggs were done perfectly,  the home fries crispy on the outside and creamy inside and my coffee mug was refilled with good black coffee.

They also serve lunch- BLTs, tuna sandwiches, as well as daily specials such as Yankee pot roast  and spinach pie.

Directions from the Salem Inn: go left on Summer Street when you leave the Inn.  Take your first left, and you will come to a major intersection.  Take the second quick right and follow the signs for 1A south.  After you pass the orange brick buildings of Salem State on your left, The Salem Diner will be on your right, turned sideways.



Salem Diner
326 Canal Street
Salem, MA
978-471-7918

Open daily 6-3
Sunday 7-2

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. ojoka for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr ojoka, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced to Dr ojoka a true Spell Caster. In less than 38 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. ojoka for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. EMAIL HIM FOR HELP: dr.ojokaspelltemple@gmail.com or : through his number +2348144172934
    ARE THE THINGS DR OJOKA CAN THESE
    ALSO CURE.. GONORRHEA, HIV/AIDS , LOW SPERM COUNT, MENOPAUSE DISEASE, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM, Stroke, Bring back ex lover or wife/husband..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back.. I have decided that i am going to spend the whole day on the internet just to make sure that a lot of people are able to read this my testimony about Dr.happy who is a powerful spell caster from Africa, After been abandon by my lover i was so lonely that very day that i decided to go through the net for some relationships tips, I never knew that this was the road map that will secure the return of my lover. After reading a lot of tips on how to restore my relationship in a more better way i discovered that Dr.happy has a lot of recommendation than other spell casters, So with this i had my mind made up that Dr.happy was the right person for the job, And i contacted Dr.happy through his details which i saw on the internet and i was so happy that i chose to work with Dr.happy because his work was 100% perfect and the spell brought my lover back to me with fast relief you can also contact him for help now email.. happylovespell2@gmail.com
    Website...happylovespell2.webnode.com/
    Whatsapp/cal +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete